The World of Warcraft (WoW) team is looking for an experienced character artist. A character artist on the World of Warcraft team is responsible for bringing to life new characters, creatures, armor sets, and weapons to the world of Azeroth. The position requires a strong sense of anatomy, design, and color theory mixed with video game art production methods.
The idea candidate has experience with hand painted styles and created character art for one or more AAA games. You’ll be a part of a collective team that is just as passionate as you are developing and shaping one of the deepest and largest games ever.
- Create concept art for characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons, and other assets.
- 3D model characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons, and other assets.
- Texture characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons, and other assets.
- Create assets that fit within the World of Warcraft style.
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists.
- Communicate with production, art management, and other departments.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in game development concept, modeling, and texturing of characters using 3DS Max, 3D Coat, and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Able to create original concept artwork that explores a wide variety of ideas
- An exceptional understanding of anatomy
- A good understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating hand painted texture maps
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Understanding of the distinctive Blizzard Entertainment visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- Extensively played WoW
- Extensive leadership experience
- Expert understanding of 3DS Max or Maya
- Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog or online album. Physical media will not be accepted
- An art test might be required if the work presented doesn’t adequately demonstrate a similar style to Wow
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.