In this role, you’ll assist in the support of our Blizzard Entertainment’s physical security site protection program to ensure that our employees, visitors, studios, and property are protected across all physical security fronts. To be successful, you’ll need to be a highly organized, dedicated, and security minded leader with experience supporting physical security operations. You’ll be required to demonstrate expertise while working with guard services companies in a studio/sports arena setting, to include emergency response, executive protection (EP), event security/protection and law enforcement interaction. Being an excellent communicator is a key skill you’ll leverage regularly.
Blizzard’s physical security domain, like our users, span the globe and requires a leader to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique challenges we face daily. As a site security leader, you will be responsible for the supervision of our Burbank Blizzard Arena physical security program and supporting the Arena Physical Security Manager as needed. This includes supervising guard posts, including EP and plain clothes staff, that provide the maximum level of protection possible for our Burbank location. You assist with the vision for the site protection team and ensure that other Blizzard departments are aligned to best detect and deter threats. This includes working closely with the Arena Manager and other supporting teams on a daily basis. We are looking for you to embrace our mission of “play nice, play fair” and to foster a positive and professional work culture across the physical security organization.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members.
- Support a wide range of events and serve as the onsite events physical security supervisor, and serve as the Lead when the Arena Physical Security Manager is offsite. This includes working closely with Security and Event Management staff, assisting in the development of event physical security plans that provides the optimal level of protection available to attendees and staff.
- Acts as an advisor to site guards and local EP subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical and procedural challenges.
- Provide local guard services oversite include setting schedules, developing post orders, performance monitoring, and continued training.
- Serve as a local escalation point for all site security and safety issues.
- Audit physical security systems and validate that configurations match requirements.
- Evaluate existing process and technical capabilities and identify opportunities for improvement
- Demonstrate effective time management, communication, technical writing, facilitation, organizational skills, and leadership skills
- Maintain relationships with Federal, State and Local law enforcement and other government agencies in support of strengthening key law enforcement partnerships (e.g. public-private).
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with mission critical and stressful circumstances.
- Able to support and work well with other Global Physical Security Team members and management staff as needed.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule due to event timing
- Must have 5+ years prior security supervision and or 3+ years’ experience prior security management working in a global multi-national company or with a law enforcement agency
- Must have expertise in the oversight of guard services vendors, contractors, and contracts
- Must have a strong knowledge of guard post design, access control systems, CCTV equipment, and investigations and personnel management
- Event security supervision/management experience preferably in a studio and/or sports arena setting
- Experience with metal detectors and event screening processes is preferred
- Experience creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and threat models
- Must exhibit understanding of best practices of physical security strategies, site protection principles, security technology standards, policies, and procedures
- Experience in crisis and incident response, focusing on ability to maintain calm and efficiency while leading others in high-pressure settings
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation
- Must exhibit exceptional leadership skills that include, but are not limited to selection, performance management, talent planning, and development and recognition
- Must be professionally agile and very comfortable partnering up, down and across a complex business
- Strong effective communications and presentation skills and the ability to influence at all levels
- Able to interact with all stakeholders, and provide solutions to complex challenges
- An eagerness to embody the core principles of the Blizzard values
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; a strong attention to detail
- A positive attitude, professional, approach that’s comfortable educating as well as executing
- Ability to remain calm and take control during emergency situations
- Able to succeed in a chaotic, undefined environment
- Experience in Emergency Response and First Responder services (e.g., Fire, First Aid, CPR, etc.) to include being certified in FA & CPR
- Proven record of developing solutions to new problems, or continuously improving systems and processes
- Four-year college degree (preferred) or demonstrated work experience (acceptable)
- Security clearance preferred
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.