Blizzard Entertainment’s Information Systems team is looking for an experienced and talented engineer to join our End User Computing group. The EUC team is responsible for the infrastructure which supports Blizzard’s Windows and Mac workstations, and mobile devices of all flavors. The ideal candidate is experienced in designing, operating, and troubleshooting centralized IT infrastructures capable of supporting thousands of user device endpoints.
This individual is ideally a self-starter who watches for every area of improvement and proactively drives new solutions to stay ahead the company’s needs. Working directly with our project management, desktop support, and Blizzard’s epic development teams, this role will drive decisions which shape our services for years to come. This role also works directly with our Security team to implement critical patches and baselines to protect our users and infrastructure.
- Support our Windows and Mac infrastructure during business hours and in an on-call rotation.
- Configure and tune our Microsoft Endpoint Management platform (SCCM/Intune).
- Provide guidance to ensure the compliance of Windows and Mac systems and their applications.
- Deploy and troubleshoot packaged software to Windows and Mac systems.
- Monitor our on-prem infrastructure and SaaS health and prevent risks to our services.
- Develop effective documentation, tooling, and alerts to both identify and address reliability risks.
- 5 years’ experience with Windows and Mac desktop operating systems and related software.
- 5 years’ experience with Windows OS imaging, patching, and deployment using SCCM/MEM.
- 5 years’ experience with Windows application packaging and deployment using SCCM/MEM.
- 5 years’ experience managing hundreds or thousands of endpoints from a centralized infrastructure with automation.
- 5 years’ experience with Active Directory and GPO administration.
- 3 years’ experience with scripting for Windows (PowerShell, VB, etc).
- 3 years’ experience engineering new enterprise solutions from requirements gathering through implementation, documentation, and operational handoff.
- Advanced knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of Mobile Device Management/Unified Endpoint Management.
- Intermediate knowledge of database languages (MSSQL).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Relevant Microsoft Certifications (ex. MCSE: Enterprise Devices and Apps, MCSE: Mobility)
- Apple Certified Support Professional or Mac Technician (ACSP or ACMT)
- Experience managing Windows as a Service
- Experience with Jamf/Workspace ONE (AirWatch)
- Experience with VDI technologies, particularly VMWare Horizon.
- Experience with PowerBI.
- Experience working in MS Azure.
- Experience administering Slack Grid.
- Understanding of ITIL framework.
- Love for video games and other geeky stuff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.