Blizzard Video is the internal creative video production arm of the Story & Franchise Development team. We exist to engage, inform and activate the global Blizzard community through the creation of epic video content, and we’re looking for a talented Motion Graphics Artist Temp to join our team. The ideal candidate should, first and foremost, be an exceptional graphic designer with a strong portfolio that includes original designs demonstrating a deep understanding of typography, composition, color theory, size, shape, line, value, tone, and other fundamental graphic design concepts, with a chief focus on spectacular title design across a wide range of styles. These core skills will be evident in your impressive motion graphics reel, which will demonstrate a mastery of animation principles, lighting, timing, direction, camera composition, depth & dimension, and other motion design fundamentals.
With these tools and skills, you'll be responsible for using existing art assets and/or creating original art assets to develop and design cohesive, industry-leading graphics packages, inspired motion effects, stunning animations, fluid transition effects, and animated lower-thirds and logo bumpers.
Are you a master communicator with outstanding written, verbal and linguistic communications skills? And, an understanding or familiarity with foreign language(s) is a huge plus. Are you also extremely attentive and detail-oriented with regards to time management, organizing and optimizing comps to streamline render times?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Enjoy handling multiple projects with tight deadlines while maintaining a level head, positive personality, and a focused resolve to help the team stay on target? If this sounds like your jam, we want to hear from you.
We expect you to have a(n):
- Minimum of 6 years’ of professional motion graphics experience in a film, animation, television, or videogame cinematics environment
- Mastery of Adobe After Effects, as well as other Adobe Creative Suite software
- Ability to draw rough storyboards/compositions and/or create style frames in Photoshop
- Knowledge of current industry-standard post-production workflows and organization
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies (new plug-ins, features, etc.) and different work methodologies
- Ability to work closely with directors, producers, editors and other team members under tight deadlines with quick project turnover
- High self-motivation with excellent communication skills and a positive “can do” attitude
- An ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently and be an enthusiastic self-starter
- Familiarity with and passion for Localization processes and associated workflows
- Knowledge of and real passion for Blizzard’s game worlds and the stories told within them
- Knowledge of professional 3D packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max or Cinema 4D
- Knowledge of additional compositing software packages such as Nuke
- Experience with Color Correction software packages and color standards
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Demo Reel / Portfolio Website
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.