The Diablo IV team is looking for a talented Quest Designer with a combined skillset that blends compelling gameplay and storytelling to help us create play areas, quests, characters, and dialogue for Diablo IV.
The ideal candidate must be able to collaborate within design, audio, localization, art, worldbuilding, and engineering groups to efficiently and creatively implement story-focused content.
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay values — specifically, within the gothic dark fantasy of Diablo
- Demonstrated ability to craft quests, stories, characters, and events within game development toolsets
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of quest design, including key gameplay concepts, pacing, story delivery, and character voice
- Solid grasp of the styles of writing and visual storytelling that work best for dark fantasy and gothic horror role-playing themes
- Experience with world building and writing for role playing games
- Ability to communicate effectively in crafting scenes and story that inspires creativity in your fellow team members
- Able to work to maintain a positive attitude in a creatively driven, highly collaborative, and iterative team environment
- Minimum 2 years game design experience on a released game
- Broad knowledge of successful games, books, and movies in dark fantasy and gothic horror genres, and the ability to speak to what made them successful
- Experience with scripting languages such as LUA or Python
- Working knowledge of technical writing and editing
- Experience creating quests, points of interest, and characters within a shared world
- Experience creating and running pen and paper RPG campaigns, and/or live-action RPGs
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter, including:
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and console role-playing games and specifically the Diablo series
- Portfolio or examples of prior design work
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.