Champions of the Alliance and Horde, Azeroth needs you! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Production Director to help lead World of Warcraft into the future. Legendary candidates need to have phenomenal communication skills, a strong production background, proven management experience and a stellar track record of leading the delivery of AAA games. In your quest to be Ahead of the Curve, you’ll be partnering with a highly talented group of people to make World of Warcraft the best experience possible.
Experience driving and communicating a clear vision in a highly-collaborative environment, managing and mentoring production, and being a true partner to Art, Design, Engineering, Production, Audio and Quality Assurance is essential. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits. We strive to maintain a friendly workplace where creativity, teamwork and greatness bring the world of Azeroth to life
Are you a seasoned development leader who has a passion for crafting epic games? Do you love playing World of Warcraft? If you are excited by the challenge of leading an extraordinarily talented team, then join us!
- Oversee game production and orchestrate work across Art, Design, Engineering, and Sound.
- Lead production in project scheduling, resource allocation, budgeting, setting appropriate priorities, task tracking, and problem solving.
- Evangelize efficient processes and policies to team leadership, and internal support organizations.
- Facilitate communications between all departments supporting our game to ensure everyone is working toward similar goals and any roadblocks are addressed.
- Build and maintain a creative environment, resolve team challenges, motivate developers, serve as custodian of team health, and foster a culture of success.
- Work with necessary teams to define and conquer any hurdles necessary to execute the game vision as defined by the game director and executive producer.
- Lead day to day development issues, attempting to predict and avoid problems, while being prepared to troubleshoot and provide conflict resolution as needed.
- Active role in hiring and recruiting. Help identify candidates, perform phone interviews, set onsite agendas, and assist in the final decision-making process.
- Work with our business partners to ensure relevant teams understand market conditions, challenges, player behaviors, and rollout strategies.
- A minimum of 10 years of AAA development experience.
- Experience running a Game as a Service, preferably an MMO.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative – the ability to make sense of the ambiguous.
- Excellent communication, project management, and relationship-building skills.
- Proven ability to guide and inspire an industry leading development team.
- Solid organizational skills and highly efficient time management. Strong capability to multitask and prioritize.
- Able to work well in a team environment and lead multiple complex projects with various groups.
- Effectively delegate tasks and motivate teams. Able to collaborate with other game team leads in a deadline driven environment.
- Firm understanding of all development disciplines as well as development pipelines as they relate to games and game production.
- Able to combine ideas and methodology of production to create an efficient and streamlined pipeline that other developers can follow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.