Members of the Blizzard Entertainment's Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from placing health packs to dreaming up the craziest “Play of the Game” animations.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success
- We have real passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
As a UI engineer on the Overwatch team, you will be part of a talented and passionate team developing a world class gameplay experience, unlocking the potential of our designers and artists to create compelling and exciting UI features. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the challenges involved with making UI experiences across both PC and console and be able to collaborate closely with other disciplines.
- Partner with designers, artists, and other engineers to create compelling and exciting user interfaces.
- Contribute to the design of the UI features and systems both aesthetically, and systemically
- Develop new functionality in the underlying UI framework to support new gameplay features
- Play an active role in supporting the game by helping address issues in production
- Game user interface design and implementation experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional game programming experience or equivalent
- Solid C++ programming skills
- Familiarity with common user interface concepts like layout, text, event-driven programming, and control widgets
- Experience working with localization/internationalization systems and dealing with related issues
- Able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch in on many areas of development
- Excellent communications skills
- Passion for video games
- Experience in designing and implementing UI systems
- Experience with developing and maintaining a live game.
- Experience with C# and WPF
- Experience working directly with low-level 3D graphics systems
- Experience with Console UI and PC UI design considerations
- Passion for first person shooters
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.