Your challenge is to help one of the most talented art teams in the world bring the mighty lands of Azeroth to players. We’ve been fostering epic experiences for over 10 years, and your goal is to make both the player and the developer experience even better with your artistic and technical insight. We want you to work closely with Artists, Engineers, and other Technical Artists to both find day-to-day improvements and achieve long term goals.
Our ideal candidate has experience with art workflows from shipping multiple successful AAA console and/or PC games, and will use this knowledge to assess and improve art development. We are looking for someone passionate about building great tools, great people, and great games.You’ll be part of a team just as excited as you are about crafting one of the largest and deepest games ever made, and together we’ll make World of Warcraft.
- Vision to create and improve art tools
- Ability to communicate with both engineering and the art departments
- Collaborate and develop future initiatives for tools and pipelines
- Enthusiasm for working closely with Artists to understand and support their needs
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software, especially 3DS Max/Maya as well as 2D content creation software, especially Photoshop
- Advanced Python Programming experience as well as writing Stand-Alone Applications using PyQt/PySide
- Attention to detail, with skills to create plans that set up success for the future and still support thousands of existing pieces of the world
- High skill level in multiple Technical Art roles and responsibilities
- Ability to implement and test new tools as they are created
- Knowledge and understanding of C / C++
- Extensively played WoW
- Cover Letter
- A tech test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.