Do you live and breathe quality? Are you passionate about test? Do you take infinite care over your work, putting loving detail into everything you do? These are the traits we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. – if you share these values, let’s talk!
Blizzard Quality Assurance is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem-solving, and succeeding as a group. We love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work.
About the Job
As a test professional, you uphold quality in everything you do. Prepare to embark on a journey to create the most epic experiences ever, as your passion for quality spearheads our quest to defend the ‘product’ through innovative and technical proficiency.
Your critical thinking skills, ability to solve technical challenges and automate testing efforts will help shape the best experiences in our industry. You see the big picture and push testing strategies to the next level while partnering with stakeholders to drive technical quality assurance initiatives.
- Work with development and quality assurance teams to develop test plans and approach for products and present the QA perspective.
- Coach and mentor Software Development Engineers in Test (SDETs) and provide code reviews.
- Ability to analyze technical design and source code in order to identify needed automation test hooks.
- Knowledge and understanding of API technologies for the purpose of testing.
- Identify, design, and implement technical solutions that increase test efficacy, effectiveness, and coverage while reducing test costs.
- Design, use, and modify test harnesses and scripts to implement automated tests.
- Analyze test data and results to identify patterns and influence engineering quality.
- Determine metrics for testing, monitor results, and relay risk to stakeholders.
- Gather requirements for and implement continuous test improvement.
- Develop training materials for project team and lead workshops for automated test design, requirements gathering, and risk identification.
- Work with third party vendors as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software testing.
- 3-5 years' programming experience in a professional environment.
- Expert in writing scripts for Selenium or other web automation technologies.
- Proven ability to create data analysis tools and interpret large datasets.
- Experience testing on multiple platforms, Windows, Mac, console, and mobile.
- Passion for video games and software quality.
- API expertise, including testing and automation.
- Working with remote teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and share technologies.
- Experience with application lifecycle and test case management software development planning tools.
- Expert working in JIRA and test case management software.
- Experience with enterprise software automation solutions.
- Familiar with the Blizzard line of products and service.
- Video technologies (HLS, Video Player, Akamai, DRM)
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (optional)
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.