Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a seasoned finance manager (1 year contractor) to join our Asia finance team in our China office. Reporting to the senior finance director of Asia in Shanghai, the ideal candidate for this role must be a good communicator and have a similar experience.
- In charge of financial planning and analysis for Asia: business planning, budgeting, forecasting, weekly pacing and actuals. Ensure consistency, correctness and timeliness, provide business comments on variances and performance. Work with regional, international and HQ finance teams.
- Manage ad hoc requests from regional finance, International finance and HQ. Coordinate / facilitate information collection, perform analysis and provide recommendation / conclusion, follow up as needed.
- Drive financial processes improvements projects for Asia eg tools / systems, reports / templates, policies / procedures…
- Provide monitoring / understanding of the business thru Asia gaming newsletter, market updates, franchise updates, new content tracking and analysis.
- Drive analysis and initiatives on Opex costs efficiencies.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives and new business opportunities.
- Deliver on ad-hoc requests assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Management
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Solid knowledge of financial planning and analysis as well as accounting
- International working experience and / or education
- Exposure to cost control and commercial finance / development projects
- Good communication skills, ability to collaborate and provide synthetic / executive recommendation
- High standards of accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to handle multiple projects
- Fluent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Able to work independently, with limited direction.
- Problem solver / improvement mindset, self-initiative
- Passion for gaming
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.