Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Product Manager to help us deliver epic platform features by joining the Battle.net & Online Products Gateway team.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, product managers, project managers, and designers focused on building the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, visiting our websites, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
The Gateway team is focused on the development of secure integration systems that enable users of the Battle.net Platform to access services and data easily and safely. These products enforce our security policies and utilize high-performance networking to enhance our service offerings. The team also builds common data integration systems to enable our partners to publish data for public and partner consumption. The Gateway product is a crucial part of our Platform Experience group, a new group within Battle.net & Online Products tasked with making the Battle.net platform as easy to integrate as possible.
In the role of Senior Product Manager, you will work alongside the technical lead as well as customers inside and outside of Blizzard to identify problems, determine objectives, propose solutions, drive alignment on specifications, deliver high-quality products, and measure their performance against their goals. You will interact with senior technical and design leaders, engineers, designers, and product managers across the company, especially within Battle.net & Online Products.
Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and organized individual with a passion for very technical products and a commitment to quality. You enjoy having developers as your primary customer and know both what frustrates and delights them in integrating complex software.
- Work closely with the service owners inside Battle.net & Online Products to ensure alignment of Gateway feature roadmap with customer needs.
- Make sure each release has the most relevant features to your customers and Blizzard.
- Be an evangelist for the Gateway and excite both your team and your customers.
- Quantitatively and qualitatively measure service onboarding and operational success as it relates to your products.
- Ensure your cross-functional product team is prepared to deliver features on time and with measurable value.
- Establish measurable product objectives that align with the organization’s product strategy and outcomes.
- Contribute to sustaining a healthy team culture, built around Blizzard values.
- 5+ years’ experience with product, program, and/or project management, with a focus on delivery and measuring and achieving product objectives.
- Comfortable with UI-less software and able to learn and understand systems by studying them.
- Familiar with the benefits of instrumentation and analytics for the purpose of designing better products for our customers and players.
- Experience operating within cross-functional teams and working directly with software engineers and other disciplines.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Enjoys experimentation and rapid prototyping as a means to discover what’s best for your products.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative; enthusiastic “can-do” attitude is a must.
- Passion for iteration in order to find the optimal solution, but at the same time understands diminishing returns.
- Skilled in risk assessment and management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous product management work on SDKs, APIs, services, or other products where software engineers are the primary customer
- Previous experience building and supporting large scale services or platforms
- Expertise with security and scaling concerns of public-facing services
- Hands-on experience in public cloud deployments (AWS / GCP)
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence, or similar team collaboration applications
- Certification or training in business analysis and/or product management
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.