The project manager will be responsible for the successful launch and maintenance of one of our key game Franchise in the Korean market and will need to work closely, cross-functionally with both the Blizzard Entertainment Korean and US Headquarters organizations. The ideal candidate will have a mix of consulting, technology, gaming experience, and also have a passion for Blizzard Entertainment, and / or other similar video games. Finally, this person should be able to communicate, and work effectively across both Korean and US cultures / teams.
Role & Responsibility
- Act as central point of contact, and champion of the game(s) and its players.
- Drive the game(s) strategy and operations like a mini-CEO.
- Be a core leader for change in the organization.
- Ensure smooth day-to-day operation.
- Maintain project schedules, and monitor milestones.
- Proactively anticipate, identify, and troubleshoot issues, and ensure that plans are put in place and executed to provide timely resolution.
- Develop a weekly report to update management on the status of current projects.
- Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with functional organizations in Korea and the US to ensure that issues are given visibility and that support is in place as needed.
- Manage project plans and initiatives across the regional functional organization in a dotted-line fashion, collaborating with each function head to ensure that functional plans support the needs and objectives of the project.
- Ensure that resource requirements are anticipated in advance in order to be in place when needed.
- Support the global teams in providing key information / insight from region.
- Support the operations teams to ensure proper resources are allocated.
- Passion for Activision and Blizzard Entertainment titles
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the video game industry
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant management experience, or related experience
- International business experience, and intercultural communications skills
- Strong analytical and presentational skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and be able to over-communicate to drive cross-functional teams
- Proven experience managing schedules, and employees to achieve desired results
- Self-motivation and initiative – Finds things that need to get done and sees through
- Able to communicate effectively and collaboratively with departmental, regional, and global leads
- Fluent in English and Korean; both written and spoken
- Willing to travel
- Know how to have fun
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, and / or Marketing
- Prior product launch experience
- Have a serious sense of humor
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.