The Blizzard Entertainment esports team is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and highly organized project manager to oversee the tracking, documentation, and planning of our collegiate esports products. The ideal candidate must be a strong communicator, love the act of planning and organization, and enjoy working inside a flexible team-oriented environment. This candidate should be well versed in project management styles, methodologies, and processes. Tenacity, self-direction and follow-up skills are a must, as well as the ability to anticipate issues and find effective solutions.
- Define project objectives, schedule, resource requirements, budget, and deliverables in support of business goals established by the collegiate esports product team.
- Be responsible for the creation and distribution of complete project plans, related documentation, and reporting requirements to all project stakeholders, internal and external to Blizzard.
- Develop and determine status frequency, deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation along with risks, contingency plans, and roadblocks to project stakeholders and esports leadership.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members while keeping projects on track and under budget.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Manage project expectations, milestones, and deliverables.
- Conduct post mortems and create recommendations reports based on detailed project analysis.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Act as a key contact between internal departments, regional teams, partners, external vendors, and esports.
- Control, coordinate, and follow-up on recurrent tasks and assignments within the project team.
- Work with the esports project management team to help create and develop project management processes, templates and standards for the esports team.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in working as a project manager
- Formal training in project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile, process development and team leadership
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills in English
- Proven ability to create, organize, prioritize, and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrate ability to keep a project team focused and on track in a fast-paced environment
- Developed documentation skills showcasing a strong ability to organize information in a clear and concise manner for varying audiences
- Experience working both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Adaptable to changing business needs and expanded project requirements
- Persuasive, encouraging, and a motivating influence with all assigned projects
- Able to gain cooperation and reduce tension among team members and impacted departments
- Passionate about esports and dedicated to the art of project management
- Expertise in Microsoft Project, Jira or other online project management tools
- Expertise in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience working as a project manager in the esports or gaming industry
- Formal project management certification such as PMP
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.