We are looking for a talented server engineer, who is excited to architect and implement server technology at a global scale in service of amazing experiences for our players. If you have a passion for game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we would love to hear from you! Our team values creativity, collaboration and a commitment to quality and we are searching for like-minded developers to add to our team of talented game makers.
You will help develop new systems and services for our game, coordinating across disciplines with designers and client engineers. In addition to having the usual technical chops, we want to hear from qualified engineers who have an absolute passion for gaming, programming, and finding simple solutions to complex problems. The ideal candidate should be excited by the idea of working closely with designers to create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years. We love engineering, geeking out over new technology and helping move the industry forward. Most importantly, we learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success as a team, overcoming new challenges together.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and implement server architecture
- Design and implement server-side components in support of gameplay features
- Architect systems for performance, stability, scalability, and error-free operation
- Coordinate with client engineers on gameplay simulation and network efficiency
- Design and deliver code that is robust, extensible, flexible and simple to use
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First”
- Strong, proven programming skills (C#, C++, Python, .NET Core, Mono)
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant professional experience in software development
- Expertise in relevant technologies such as SQL, Cassandra, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Networking experience in TCP, UDP, and higher-level protocols
- Distributed systems / scalable server architecture experience
- Developed software in a cloud-hosted environment (AWS, GCP)
- Ability to communicate effectively with designers and client engineers
- Self-motivated and willing to participate in all areas of engineering
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Previous experience shipping and supporting a Live product at a global scale
- Familiar with security considerations (encryption, denial of service)
- Familiar with cloud technologies (virtualization, containers)
- iOS and/or Android software development expertise
- Linux development experience
- Avid mobile gamer
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.