Localization Test Analyst I, Brazilian Portuguese
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a localization industry professional with localization testing and gaming experience to join their epic Brazilian Portuguese quality assurance testing team. Your attention to detail and exceptional standards for quality make you a trusted and reliable resource for ensuring the highest level of quality across the Blizzard multiverse. You will test alongside a small team of highly motivated internal testers, communicate with our external translation and test teams, and work closely with the project management team all to facilitate the legendary Blizzard quality. You enjoy identifying and solving complex problems, identifying root causes, and demystifying their impact to other localization stakeholders. You will speak up and often, meaning both your diplomacy skills and passion for games would be critical. The ideal candidate is a front line, in the trenches, experienced localization tester who has a comprehensive understanding of the localization development life cycle.
As a Localization Test Analyst, you’ll work in Irvine, California, Blizzard’s North American Headquarters. Here you’ll rub elbows every day with a culturally diverse and globally minded staff ranging from developers to producers, community representatives to quality assurance, writers to sound engineers, which are all here for one thing – to create the most epic entertainment experiences ever!
- You will test and review both in and non-game contents as well as ensure that linguistic quality adheres to our high standards and guidelines.
- You will perform audio testing and identify processing, distortion and volume issues.
- You will report game defects, including complete steps, identification of root causes, and expected results into appropriate bug tracking software.
- You will identify surface level bugs, duplicate bugs, issues that need additional research, and follow the bug life cycle.
- You will work to understand the causes, connections, and consequences of bugs and communicate them effectively.
- You will use your excellent written and verbal communication skills to avoid ambiguity, confusion and inefficiency in communication during test cycles.
- You will prioritize bugs in relation to development focus and communicate the impact of critical issues.
- You will assist in creating and evaluating test plans and checklists for Blizzard IP’s.
- You will assist in researching and evaluating new tools, processes and policies for the department as well as mentoring others to do the same.
- You will identify and solve complex and interconnected issues related, but not limited to, localization.
- You will participate in internal game terminology discussions to ensure we provide the most epic experiences to our Brazilian Portuguese-speaking players.
- You are fluent in Brazilian Portuguese. You have the linguistic arsenal to recreate the Blizzard experience in Brazilian Portuguese.
- You are familiar with the current Brazilian market and its common issues.
- You are capable of providing translation or other miscellaneous QA services on an as-needed basis.
- You enjoy the challenge of getting your hands dirty and diving deep into a problem to troubleshoot technical issues and remove testing roadblocks.
- You understand regional products’ differences and expectations and are willing to take a firm stand in representing them.
- You have a previous experience in localization, testing and/or video game industry.
- You are capable of prioritizing work in a high paced environment.
- You have a great command of the English language and can tailor your correspondence and communication for all levels of the organization.
- You are able and available to work extended hours and weekends when necessary to meet project deadlines.
- You are highly motivated and capable of working in a team setting.
- You have a passion for video games, testing, and linguistics.
- You have a good understanding of Localization QA tools and processes and are able to drive most of the Localization QA projects.
- You have seasoned characters in at least one or two Blizzard games, if not across the Blizzard multiverse.
- You’ve studied something somewhere that both you and Blizzard believe will be of value in this fast-paced international environment.
- You are familiar with our core values and they resonate with you. You feel comfortable questioning Blizzard practices that go against these values.
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence, or other comparable team collaboration applications.
To apply, please submit the following information:
- A resume demonstrating your epic localization and/or testing (software, localization or video games) experience.
- A game analysis per language on a recent game of your choosing, for both English and Brazilian Portuguese. Each analysis should not be more than two pages long. The content should be the same, just in two different languages.
- A list of the 10 most recent games you have played, as well as your top 3 favorite games of all time.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.