The minions of hell grow stronger! Our family of diabolically talented developers is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tightknit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team!
We’re currently looking for an experienced and excited software engineer to join our ranks! Curious by nature and armed with exceptional analysis skills, we are seeking a developer to help build, maintain, debug, improve, and tackle a wide variety of unique challenges that come along with a live product! Excellent communication and a desire to contribute to many aspects of development are key to the success in this role.
- Review, build and deploy our product to live and development environments.
- Maintain and grow a production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly stable.
- Help build and set up monitoring, analysis and production management software and solutions.
- Liaise with embedded and external teams, create relationships and assist with shared initiatives.
- Participate in service capacity planning, demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
- Look for opportunities to improve and document our reliability processes.
- Respond to, and resolve emergent service problems by debugging systems and services.
- Cooperate with internal and external parties to resolve live issues and help determine and document root cause.
- Diagnose networking, database and OS related problems.
- Share in off-hour / on-call duties.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience, including with Linux systems and tools.
- Fluency in C / C++, comfortable with reviewing code and using debugging tools.
- Curiosity & tenacity to fully diagnose why something went wrong.
- Exceptional deductive reasoning skills.
- Familiarity with OS, networking and server design concepts.
- Experience working with Hybrid and public cloud APIs/tech.
- Familiar with an administrative language such as Python.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- A degree in computer science, or a related field.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- Networking experience (knowledge of low-level protocols and high-level protocols).
- Knowledge of DevOps practices and principles.
- Aptitude to learn new domains quickly.
- A passion for both video games, and technology.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.