- Create tiling, trim, and unique hand painted textures for building, dungeon, and other art assets
- Overpaint screenshots for lighting keys and color palette information
- Concept key art and loading screens
- Create assets that fit within the World of Warcraft style
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists
- Communicate with Production, Art Management, and other departments
- 2+ years of experience creating hand painted tile sets for either an AAA title or high-end indie title
- Ability to create original concept artwork that explores a wide variety of ideas
- Able to collaborate closely with a 3D artist and create a consistent vision
- A thorough understanding of 2D paint packages
- Good understanding of traditional art mythology including light, form, composition and color theory
- Basic understanding of 3D software including UV unwrapping and basic modeling
- Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog or online album. Physical media will not be accepted
- An art test might be required if the work presented doesn’t adequately demonstrate a similar style to Wow.
- A good understanding of 3D Studio Max or Maya
- A degree or formal art education in illustration, traditional painting or industrial design
- Understanding of the visual style of World of Warcraft and a passion to push it to the next level
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.