Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Language Specialist to support localization of Blizzard products and services. This person will be responsible for translation and review of localized assets and contribute to regional player engagement activities. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced individual with a professional linguistic background, experience in culturalization of software products, and knowledge of the gaming and entertainment industry. Excellent language skills in Korean and English are required for this position.
[Role & Responsibility]
- Localize and review in-game and out-of-game assets to ensure high-quality experience for players using localized Blizzard products
- Provide linguistic feedback and recommendations to vendors and in-house teams to uphold Blizzard quality standards
- Collaborate with Global Localization team and other relevant stakeholders on initiatives aimed at improving player engagement and driving quality and efficiency.
- Contribute to setting the creative direction and defining terminology of localized products and services
- Work with appropriate teams on localization process improvement initiatives
- Interact with external vendors on outsourced localization tasks
- On time delivery of technically and artistically excellent quality localized VO assets
- Manage scripts, localized VO and source VO during all stages of production
- Lead or support voice-over direction
- Other duties as assigned by management
- A minimum of 2 years of professional localization experience
- Excellent Korean and English linguistic and communication skills
- Able to deliver professional feedback tailored to target audience
- Strong knowledge of localization and quality control tools
- Strong motivation, high level of commitment with proactive and positive attitude
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural team with minimal supervision
- Eagerness to accept and proactively drive process improvement efforts
- Skills & experience in VO production
- Passion for video games, heroic fantasy, sci-fi worlds and pop culture
- Experience in game localization or game quality assurance
- Experience working as a translator in the entertainment industry
- Experience with Blizzard Entertainment games
- Higher education in a linguistics-related discipline
- Good command of audio post processing and audio, graphics or video editing software
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.