As an analyst within the security operations center (SOC), you will become one of our watchers on the wall, tasked with the responsibility of performing information security focused Overwatch on Blizzard Entertainment’s infrastructure from a high vantage point of telemetry, alerting, and response protocols (and of course looking out for white walkers too).
Based in Ireland you will be a member of a global team, providing tier 1 information security investigative and response capabilities for security events in close partnership with other security or operational departments.
In this role, you will draw deeply on the technical experience you’ve developed and will bring to the table in the areas of: security incident analysis and handling across a diverse ecosystem of operating systems and applications, your battle tested approach to tracing network activity throughout an infrastructure, and last but not least, your outstanding customer service focused communication capabilities as the SOC is the first point of contact within the security organization.
- Leverage a wide array of tools, systems and telemetry feeds to monitor Blizzard networks for potential security risks or anomalies.
- Perform tier 1 security response for incidents or alerts, including investigation, assessment, triage, seamless escalation and resolution.
- Monitor security infrastructure system health states and coordinate with responsible teams for troubleshooting and resolution.
- Provide feedback on potential enhancements to SOC tools and systems with the goal of ever increasing efficiency.
- Embrace and apply automation to simplify routine tasks.
- Process and route all requests for security assistance and perform first contact resolution where possible and escalating to partner teams for support when necessary.
- Provide guidance and clarification regarding organizational security policies and protocols, helping evangelize security awareness throughout all internal customer interactions.
- Abide by and enhance runbooks and documentation associated with SOC actions; develop new material as required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a security analyst within a SOC / NOC role or with an MSS provider
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS / IS / ISS, or equivalent technical experience
- Administrator-level familiarity with major operating systems in enterprise environments
- Demonstrable experience in the realm of incident investigation, intrusion detection / handling, triage, networking, system log analytics, and SIEM security user facets
- Intermediate experience working with Splunk
- Willing to work, dependent upon shifts, holidays / weekends
- Proficiency in developing clear, concise and easy to follow documentation for security operations related procedures
- Outstanding communication capabilities; both written and oral
- Certifications such as CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, Security+
- Passion for games, but more importantly protecting them!
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.