Our team at Blizzard is seeking an exceptional Mid/Senior Animator to lend their talents to an unannounced mobile project.
The ideal candidate has a passion for both animation and game development, with experience animating a diverse array of characters. A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics, and other facets of both 2D and 3D animation is essential. The animator must be well-versed in related tools—3DS Max, Maya, etc. You must have extensive experience as an animator on one or more successful AAA Games and/or mobile games and enjoy working on a highly collaborative team of peers as passionate about making great games as you are.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in game development animating characters using 3DS Max or Maya (or equivalent 3D program)
- Exceptional skills in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software, such as 3ds Max or Maya
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative
- Able to communicate effectively with other artists, designers, engineers
- Detail-oriented, with strong problem solving abilities
- Passion for playing and making games, especially game styles similar to those found in Blizzard games.
- Experience with mobile development
- Knowledge, understanding, and familiarity with Blizzard games
- Experience with the Unity engine
Required Application Materials
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Cover Letter (PDF Preferred)
- Reel demonstrating animation skills
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- An animation test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.