Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced community development leader to help support the operational excellence and strategy of the Hearthstone Community Team. This individual should be knowledgeable of and ready to support the many disciplines that make up community development, including content creator relationships, content planning and development, communication planning and execution, community programs and events, and the fostering of player communities across the world. The ideal candidate should possess the diverse skillset and experience to help us support our global communities more effectively. This role will work directly with the community team lead on all aspects of the team’s operation, with a distinct focus on supporting its individual members and their work.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Serve as the center of operational excellence of the team, supporting and enhancing the work of your teammates
- Support both short- and long-term strategic planning as an expert on Hearthstone game content and communication planning
- Propose operational improvements to existing programs and processes with an eye on enhancing the community experience for Hearthstone players
- Support our messaging and content strategy and execution with a keen knowledge of upcoming game content and effective communication methodologies to support it
- Contribute to ongoing community support projects including channel strategies, developer AMAs and communication programs, and more
- Quickly establish positive relationships with diverse stakeholders across Blizzard to foster symbiotic collaboration
- Analyze and report on team performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, communications, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three years’ experience in community, communications, or related field
- Demonstrated success contributing to strategies that drive results
- Experience owning projects and driving their success
- Deep familiarity with online player communities across platforms like Twitch, YouTube, etc.
- Familiarity with performance tracking and measurement and ability to report successes and opportunities
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- Project management training and experience
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games
- Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities
- Experience playing Hearthstone
- Experience managing a team is beneficial, but not required
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter, which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What familiarity you have with Hearthstone
- Any relevant knowledge or experience with the gaming industry and live events
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Other jobs in Community Development
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.