Blizzard Entertainment seeks a seasoned North American public relations manager for Hearthstone who is well-versed in modern communications techniques and possesses excellent media relations skills to join our communications team. We are looking for a focused, detail-oriented person who can multitask efficiently, and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is flexible and can adapt quickly to changing goals and objectives. This person will also be highly organized and able to work independently while contributing to the goals of the larger team. Clear, concise communications skills are a must.
- Develop North America specific public relations (PR) strategies and manage the execution of product publicity through pre-launch, launch, and post-launch phases
- Provide counsel to leadership regarding incoming media requests
- Write and edit regional press releases, and online materials about Blizzard products and the company
- Correspond with the press as a representative of Blizzard, as needed
- Conduct regional press tours
- Interface with global PR counterparts to craft regional strategies and quarterly plans
- Answer written interview questions about Blizzard products for regional press
- Write and edit articles and news blurbs for regional Blizzard Web sites
- Additional travel, writing projects and other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in PR
- Strategic thinker with a strong media relations background, and proven placement results
- Able to quickly compose and edit a variety of creative and business-oriented texts that meet company standards, on deadline
- A modern communicator with interest and experience in leveraging integrated campaigns
- Experience working with global leadership and transforming global goals into actionable regional strategies
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Able to confidently communicate about Blizzard products with the press and public
- Demonstrate knowledge of games and the game industry
- Extremely detail-oriented and driven to consistently meet deadlines
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and full workload
- Strong team player, able to balance and blend various department needs and views into effective product-PR strategy and work with other teams to complement and support each other's plans and objectives
- Good presentation skills
- Very organized with excellent time-management skills
- Crisis-management experience
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, marketing, journalism, or business, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in managing a team of PR professionals
- A passionate gamer
- Experience playing Strategy Card Games
Required Application Materials
- Battle.net Email Address
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submissions with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.