Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide.
Blizzard is looking for a Director of Accounting to immediately join our finance team in Irvine. This position will focus on management of all general accounting functions and preparation of financial reporting packages for Blizzard events and e-sports. You will have a deep understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial controls. In addition, Hyperion experience is a plus.Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the accounting processes for the general ledger and sub-ledgers related to Blizzard’s events and e-sport businesses.
- Ensure stringent internal financial control and propose improvements in all accounting processes and practices
- Lead and ensure timely month-end closings.
- Handle process of allocations between various teams and legal entities and ensure appropriate documentation of all activity
- Ensure activities stay in sync with organizational requirements for quality management, legal stipulations, and general duty of care
- Responsible for monthly financial and operating reports including but not limited to monthly operating statements and ad hoc reports
- Assist in any audits of related operations
- Provide reporting support to the FP&A team
- Interact with other departments to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations
- Liaise with various Corporate shared services teams as necessary
- You will lead and strengthen a team
- You will ensure records are maintained in accordance with GAAP
- CPA certification
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience with a mix of public and private accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- Public accounting experience at a large regional or national firm
- 2+ years experience in professional sports leagues or a major franchisor in their corporate accounting group
- Strong understand of e-sports industry
- Experience with revenue accounting related to complex contracts
- Experience and knowledge in accounting systems
- Proven ability to roll up sleeves and work in a hands-on capacity
- Strong initiative, responsibility, dedication, and willingness to learn
- Independent with excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously in a dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational skills at coordinating and consolidating inputs across multiple functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with Hyperion / Oracle R12 (or another version)
- A real passion for video games
- Accounting experience at a publicly traded company
- Production accounting experience
- Cover Letter
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.