Members of the Blizzard Entertainment's Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success
- We have real passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
We are looking for a Graphics Engineer to help create graphics features that will be used on Overwatch. Our ideal candidate has a passion for games and working with artists to bring the visual aspects of the game to life. You’ll work with our team to craft and ultimately execute on that shared vision.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and other engineers to develop and refine key systems
- Design, implement, and iterate on new features and development tools for artists
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Fluency in C / C++ and HLSL
- Familiarity with game content pipeline and tools
- Strong passion for graphics programming and algorithms / mathematics (linear algebra, trigonometry)
- Must be comfortable working within and adding to an established code framework
- Excellent communications skills
- Passion for video games, especially FPS games
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Familiarity with multi-threading and optimization
- Experience developing for a wide range of PC hardware and console platforms
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.