Blizzard Entertainment is seeking exceptional Cloud engineers to join Blizzard online network systems (BONS) to support ALL of Blizzard’s customer-facing IT systems and services. Such services include Battle.net, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo 3, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, and Overwatch which are running on in thousands server infrastructure. We love keeping up with and getting to use the latest technology, and take pride in protecting and gatekeeping some of the world’s most popular and beloved gaming franchises. And just like the company as a whole, our team is built on a culture of passion for who we are, what we create, and who we support. We want to hear from skilled engineers ready and eager to continue this adventure with us.
What is Network Operations (BONS)?
The BONS engineering team is a global team responsible for testing, designing, and deploying every single piece of new technology that Blizzard uses. Our team operates with a high degree of autonomy, and is given the flexibility and responsibility to pick the solution that is the best fit for the problem. You will work with a team of peers with extensive experience in large scale, global infrastructure, and have all the resources at your fingertips to ensure that any new systems we design will stand up to the extreme demands of the gaming industry.
If that sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of, read on to find out the responsibilities of a Cloud engineer at Blizzard.
- Technically drive Blizzard’s ongoing adoption of IaaS, design, implement, and orchestrate the large scale private and public infrastructure for game production.
- Tune the Openstack components for the maximum performance, use automatic way to optimize the deployment and configuration to deliver the IaaS and service to game development teams.
- Efficiently troubleshoot all the technical issues happening on Openstack, and support the other teams to ensure the players’ gaming experience.
- Keep thrive in the Cloud computing technology evolving, and adapt the new features, application, release and modules into the production after research and define the proof-of-concept.
- Share knowledge with peers and train the junior team members for the better team improvement.
A strong candidate will have many of these skills:
- A mastery of Linux. This means: you know why Cloud things work on a Linux system, not just how to configure them
- Experience developing enterprise application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments
- Knowledge and experience with large-scale systems integration involving private, hybrid, and public cloud platforms
- Understanding of Cloud orchestration frameworks, enterprise IT service provisioning tools, and their role in IT transformation
- Experience with public and private Cloud, including OpenStack and AWS
- Experience with configuring: OpenStack Ceilometer, Cinder, Glance, Heat, Keystone, Nova, Neutron, Swift
- Experience with virtualization, including: KVM, Xen, and VMWare
- Experience with RabbitMQ / AMQP, Puppet, LDAP, NFS, and RHCS
- Experience administering CentOS or Ubuntu
- Able to write software in Python or some other administrative language
- Able to read and perform debugging of C / C++ / Java programs. Being able to write programs in these languages is even better!
- Experience of supporting MySQL, and Couchbase or other database.
- A passion for making Blizzard video games the best in the world!
- Good Chinese and verbal English communications ability
- Learn and grow attitude
- Team player
- Multinational company experience
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in IT technical
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Openstack focused
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.