Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a diverse community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but creating epic entertainment and the technology that drives our customers’ experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
You are bright, engaging, eager to learn, and ready to make an impact, and we've been waiting for you!
Blizzard is seeking a high performing Senior Program Manager to join the IT PMO. Our IT PMO acts as the central point of contact and liaison between the IT organization and the game and platform development teams, and you will join an inclusive and welcoming team of IT Program Managers who strive to be the best in the business.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager who possesses extraordinary knowledge of product and project management styles and processes, hardware and infrastructure technologies, management of live services, has excellent communication and relationship building skills, and able to adapt to shifting priorities. If this is you, we look forward to hearing from you! Our unique blend of challenges, opportunities, environment, and people, all help make Blizzard the studio worthy of your career.
The primary function of this role is to drive the priorities, strategy and partner engagement for the Blizzard Cloud IT Engineering team. You will be accountable for the successful execution of all IT efforts across the assigned program area while consistently raising the program management standards. You would partner with development teams and key partners around the company to ensure the Blizzard cloud portfolio is meeting team needs. You would partner with other IT Service Engineering teams to organize and prioritize tasks and drive those efforts from concept to completion. You would seek out opportunities to share insights, pioneer best practices, possess excellent collaboration skills, and understand the challenges associated with running live services.
As a Senior Program Manager, you are expected to demonstrate the following skills on a regular basis and at a high level of quality:
- Display a deep understanding of tools and processes available to successfully run a project or event
- Demonstrate the ability to identify order of importance and urgency among individual projects, portfolios and operational tasks
- Possess a high sense of awareness, and show that you are equipped to understand how communication will be received by any given audience
- Be timely, communicating well in advance to allow proper preparations
- Build and maintain effective relationships with resources, partners, colleagues and leaders, owning accountability for committing to accurately delivering against partner needs
- Understand the value of focused partner engagement; knowing when to engage, who to engage, and the appropriate method for the circumstances
- Bring a high level of self-awareness to personal interactions, with the ability to read both verbal and non-verbal signs and adjust accordingly
- Leverage relationships and other soft skills to influence others, without having direct authority
- Produce effective results, ensuring that productivity, attention, drive, and leadership ensures project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved on schedule
- Be able to work independently and deliver results with little or no supervision
- Work towards full inclusion of every team member
- Act as the central point of contact for all program area questions or issues
- Assume accountability for tracking, monitoring, removal of roadblocks and reporting for the assigned program area, delivering high quality service to partners
- Pioneer continuous improvement within the designated program, always thinking about how to optimize, refine, and do more with less
- Obsess about exceptionally high service availability and lead the post incident process
- Set a positive example through daily actions, provide direction, think broadly, and bring people together
- Actively mentor less senior members of the team
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing projects
- Expert knowledge of Project Management methodologies
- Extraordinary inter-personal skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Strong Leadership
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Dedicated self-motivation and initiative
- Mastery of Atlassian product suite
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Scrum Master Certification
- Expert knowledge in OpenStack, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Compute and other cloud technologies
Other jobs in Production, Program & Project Management
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.