Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly-skilled, enthusiastic, tenacious, and impeccably-organized Business Operations Specialist for its Events and Broadcast teams. The position will report to the Manager, Business Operations, Global Broadcast & Events.
Contract and financial process facilitation will be the position’s primary focus. The ideal candidate will thrive on detail and complex spreadsheets as they track, report, and support complex business processes They must also be able to work quickly and efficiently, multitask with a high-volume workload, remain productive in high-pressure situations, and communicate clearly across various subjects and individuals --often needing to identify and address problems and opportunities as they come.
- Initiate, track, and facilitate events and broadcast team’s contracts and POs, working closely with Blizzard’s legal, purchasing, and accounting teams
- Support financial operations with invoicing, payables, coding, budgeting, and financial data entry
- Support operations manager with budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing
- Identify, track, and analyze gaps in business processes for escalation and occasional presentation to senior leadership
- Drive and own business processes for business-critical projects
- Facilitate new vendor onboarding and maintain preferred vendor database
- Prepare written communications to internal and external contacts
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a business operations role that included legal or financial responsibilities
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete a high-volume of projects simultaneously with efficiency, and with minimal errors
- Problem-solving skills to eliminate issues and improve processes and efficiencies along with practical experience in process-improvement
- Impeccable organizational, prioritization, and time-management abilities
- An ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Able to evaluate, organize and report information in a clear and succinct manner
- Exceptional attention to detail as well as the ability to see the big picture
- Self-starting, self-motivated personality
- Customer-service orientation
- Love of learning and growing
- Expert abilities in Microsoft Excel & JIRA
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field
- Experience working in the events, gaming, or broadcast industry
- Six Sigma, LEAN, or other process improvement knowledge
- A passion for gaming Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.