Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a rockstar mobile engineer who has a passion for building epic video experiences. The ideal candidate would relish in the details with an affinity for Blizzard games and Esports. The Blizzard Media Network team is responsible for building and supporting the video experience for Android and iOS media apps across Activision/Blizzard/King.
- Focus on building front end experience supporting the standard media mobile playback experience company wide.
- Collaborate with product, design and dev ops in delivering epic video experiences
- Contribute to the architecture, design, implementation, deployment and support of mobile video experiences
- Instrument applications to monitor for engagement, user pathing, quality of service, and performance
- Communicate estimations/timelines/progress of individual contribution, raise risks and ensure deliverables are documented
- Contribute to app architecture/design reviews, code reviews, writing unit tests, performance tuning
- Help ideate and prototype new features
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant native mobile development experience
- Demonstrated skills in Android development (Java, Kotlin)
- One or more applications successfully deployed to the Google Play Store
- Understanding of Android design principles, guidelines, and best practices
- Deep understanding of CI workflow that leverages industry standard Android testing and build tools needed to deliver quality apps
- Knowledge of Exoplayer framework
- Experience working/integrating with video player solutions such as Bitmovin, Brightcove, JWPlayer,
- Drive quality and stability by writing unit, functional and performance tests with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with debugging and profiling native applications on major devices
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Effective communication skills with developers of all technical skill levels
- Experience in iOS development including Objective-C, Swift, Cocoa Touch, Xcode, CocoaPods, etc.
- Experience working with content (live, vod) encoding and transcoding
- Server-Side Ad Insertion (SSAI) technology stacks including MediaTailor, DFP, SpotX
- Understanding of video codecs and compression (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC) and streaming technologies (HLS, MPEG-DASH)
- Experience in Broadcast/Broadband Television, Video-On-Demand
- Experience with digital rights management
- Deep understanding of all aspects of content clipping, live video encoding, and DVR
- Experience building video experiences for OTT devices (Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire, etc.)
- Familiarity with HTTP/S and basic networking concepts
- Familiarity with content protection, and native security standards
- Experience with identity management (OAuth, Open ID Connect, SAML, etc.)
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.