We’re looking for a talented content strategist to join our user experience (UX) team. We have a world-class team who works hard to ensure our player experiences are smooth and easy to navigate, but we need an editor to help us navigate the tricky waters of word choice! Our ideal candidate has experience writing and editing high-quality work, loves a good pun, and always has a thesaurus at the ready.
Battle.net provides gamers with the cross-game experiences that connect the Battle.net community to all of Blizzard Entertainment’s games. This includes everything from account creation to e-commerce to social systems. Does the idea of being at the center of all Blizzard’s platforms spark your passion and imagination? If so, come join us!
- Develop and codify content strategy for Battle.net websites, the Battle.net desktop app, and the Battle.net shop, including email templates, error messaging, social features, purchasing messages, and more.
- Compose copy for a variety of features and products, ranging from product announcements to specific user interface (UI) elements.
- Collaborate with design, engineering, marketing, events, public relations (PR), consumer products, community, customer support, and game teams on a variety of projects.
- Drive communications with our localization team to build the right solution for each region.
- Help apply and maintain consistency of our standards while evolving Blizzard's voice.
- Participate in our UX discovery phase to understand who are users are and how we can better solve their needs.
- Examples of high-level content strategy and style guides
- Examples of content for UI, emails, tutorials, mobile apps, etc.
- Strong understanding and passion for user-centered design
- Experience publishing content with web repositories, design tools (Sublime Text / Notepad++), and content management systems
- Experience editing HTML, XML, or CSS
- Experience in document and manual creation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, or related field, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 4 years’ editorial, content strategist, journalism, or related experience
- Familiar with the Chicago Manual of Style
- Able to focus and provide quality work under pressure
- Self-guided worker, requiring minimal supervision—you’re the kind of person who finds what needs to be done, and does it
- Comfortable iterating with UX to develop exceptional user-driven copy
- Familiar with JIRA, Confluence, and Axure RP
- Experience working with wireframes
- Familiar with information architecture, taxonomy, and responsive content
- Technical writing experience
- Fluent in a non-English language (programming languages count!)
Required Application Materials
- Samples of your work
**Only applicants who have submitted all materials will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.