How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project advances technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are seeking a Software Engineer to help build out gameplay systems in several areas for the shared game engine.
- Leverage your experience and knowledge to develop a broad array of gameplay systems
- Understand content creator needs through direct collaboration
- Design systems with rapid iteration and scalability as core values
- Write clean, maintainable and performant C++ code
- Build positive relationships with gameplay teams across Blizzard
Areas where you can make a difference
- Navigation and pathfinding
- Networking and game object replication
- Scripting engine development
- Experience with first- or third-person combat systems
- Experience collaborating with content creators (designers, animators, artists)
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, navigation/pathfinding, animation, gameplay scripting or online networking
- Experience working in a multi-threaded environment
- Experience designing gameplay systems for different game genres
- Familiarity with visual scripting languages such as Blueprint or Kismet
- Demonstrable expertise with performance optimization
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, or a related field
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.