Social media has a large role within Blizzard Entertainment’s integrated marketing strategies. We are looking for an experienced contributor passionate about social media, innovative brand communication, the gaming industry, and player communities. This role will help refine and execute strategies to develop our brands online, grow our social channels, increase content reach and engagement, leverage user generated content, and optimize social spend. The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, a student of brand marketing and communications, with a proven track record of large-scale community development efforts and social media marketing in the entertainment industry.
- Contribute to the design and execution of all North America community development programs for Hearthstone
- Manage communication plans and channels, striving for continuous improvement
- Act as public-facing representative of Blizzard and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels
- Working with management, contribute to the creation of high impact social media campaigns
- Optimize social media efforts to maximize post and campaign success
- Partner with the other teams within Blizzard publishing, such as public relations (PR), marketing, production, web, licensing, and customer support for large social initiatives
- Lead social listening efforts to ensure rapid response to emerging trends and opportunities
- Study performance data to help diagnose opportunities for continuous improvement
- Serve as an internal champion and expert in social policy as it relates to employees, user generated content, privacy, contests and campaigns, etc.
- Actively contribute to social media risk and crisis management
- Support team knowledge and innovation within social media
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and agencies
- Represent the voice of our players in internal conversations
- Analyze and report on team performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five years’ experience in managing social media channels and content for a major gaming, entertainment, or technology outlet
- Minimum two years of experience with third party relationship management
- Minimum two years of experience with channel management, publishing calendars, reporting & analytics
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- Social media certifications (such as YouTube Certified)
- Familiarity with project management and process improvement
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games, especially Hearthstone
- Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Example of a publicly available social media campaign you managed
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.