The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a passionate Software Engineering Technical Lead to join the Content & Developer Services organization to build engaging services and experiences for our public Forums and corporate Content Management System supporting our communities and Game franchises.
Our team located in Irvine, California is on the front lines creating the tools, services, and API’s needed to extend entertainment experiences beyond our games and bring people together in respectful and meaningful ways.
This is a team leadership role joining an existing highly effective team responsible for architecting, building and maintaining scalable web services & tools that live our core values and serve a global audience comprising of millions of our dedicated fans.
We are searching for applicants to be a key part in bringing the Blizzard commitment to quality to an exciting new initiative for our content strategy.
If this future excites you, then venture forth.
- Provide tactical technical leadership for your team and your organization in service to our player communities
- Collaborate with Product/Project Management, Design, and stakeholders to effectively build and maintain consumer-facing products
- Align your team with the strategic technical and business direction of the company
- Empathize with our players, and product stakeholders to design and build technical solutions addressing essential product needs.
- Responsible for the production health of your team's services with a positive continuous improvement mindset
- Adhere to corporate operational standards for SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs
- Technical leadership skills at the software lead/manager level.
- An avid creative professional that demonstrates inclusivity as it relates to people, thoughts, and problem-solving approach
- 3+ years of previous experience leading an engineering team and leads by example
- Lead and invest in your direct reports with a focus on collaboration, group problem solving, and talent diversity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of hands on experience working with distributed systems, network caching, architecture, design, and service live operations
- 5+ years of hands on experience with public/private cloud services, such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Hands on experience working with Open Source software
- Experience working with UX Researchers and UX Designers.
- Experience with front-end web technologies such as React, Embers, or Angular
- A firm understanding of data binds, WebSockets, and upcoming trends in internet-based technologies
- A passion for Blizzard games and the digital entertainment industry
Other jobs in Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.