Heroes prepare to storm the Nexus, decks are being shuffled in the tavern and somewhere it’s high noon. Fans are ready and the show must go on!
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a veteran broadcast and programming manager to develop and drive our comprehensive global esports broadcast calendar. You’ll craft a distribution strategy and partner with our global esports product teams across the studio to optimize cross-franchise coverage. You’ll bring a global perspective—esports knows no borders—and your media savvy is only matched by your organizational prowess.
- Drive the development of a global broadcast distribution strategy for Blizzard’s esports portfolio across both live and post produced content.
- Establish roadmap for commercialization of broadcast rights across each product and region.
- Centralize all broadcast rights conversations and ensure a deliberate strategy for each product.
- Collaborate with esports product owners to optimize broadcast formats for new programs.
- Develop production strategy for localizing broadcast content into regional languages to meet business goals.
- Work with business development teams and regional partners to explore cross-franchise content bundling.
- Drive development of next-generation broadcast management and viewership tracking tools.
- Develop creative strategies to cross-promote adjacent broadcasts and optimize viewership across Blizzard’s esports portfolio.
- Gather and aggregate market intelligence surrounding broadcast rights revenue, broadcast platforms, and viewership trends.
- Establish processes for capturing and reporting viewership performance across all products.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in related role in broadcast, cable, or streaming media
- Strong understanding of the sports industry, esports, and the broader media landscape
- Demonstrated experience setting large scale, multi-channel distribution strategies, preferably for a global audience
- Adept at developing both commercial and operational strategy to meet business goals
- Experience in business development at a leading sports league, content media, or agency
- Experience with both live event coverage and post-produced content
- Understanding of broadcast production and global localization
- Knowledge of the gaming industry
- Passion for Blizzard games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.