Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and motivated security operations center (SOC) analyst to join its ranks in Irvine, CA. This role is part of a 24x7x365 global operations team which partners closely with other operational departments. The ideal candidate will have prior training and experience in information security operations with broad experience supporting enterprise IT infrastructure and will be looking for an excellent opportunity to merge their twin passions for gaming and security.
- Monitor Blizzard’s networks for potential security risks or anomalies
- Perform tier 1 security event analysis and triage while escalating incidents to the tier 2 incident response team when necessary
- Serve as a scribe during security incidents; document incident response activities, coordinate internal communication, and assist with escalation procedures
- Provide customer support for security related customer issues; route security requests throughout the global security team or to other departments, as appropriate
- Assist with creating and fine-tuning security alerts in Blizzard’s SIEM
- Assist with creating and enhancing the SOC’s documentation, including runbooks, operating procedures, and incident response playbooks
- Generate periodic and ad hoc reports on security metrics
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a security operations role, or a combination of relevant security and IT experience
- Bachelor’s degree in CS/ IS / ISS, or equivalent technical experience
- Experience with major operating systems and computer networking in a large enterprise environment
- Experience with all phases of a typical incident response process
- Familiarity with one or more scripting languages (especially as pertaining to task automation)
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to work different shifts, holidays, or weekends as required
- Willingness to travel occasionally in support of Blizzard events
- Security-related certifications such as CISSP, Security+, GCIH, GCIA
- Familiarity with Splunk or other enterprise SIEM solutions
- Prior experience working in a SOC or NOC role
- Familiarity with cloud security concepts and cloud monitoring strategies
- Real passion for video games and most importantly, protecting them!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.