Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a well-rounded Character Modeling Artist to work within our award-winning Cinematics Department. This artist must be knowledgeable of Blizzard’s varying artistic styles. They are continuously seeking to improve their skills and abilities with regards to 3D asset creation. The ideal candidate will work well within a small team environment, is eager to collaborate with other artists and departments to get the job done. They’re excited by the challenge of pushing the quality of our iconic characters of Blizzard Cinematics to even new heights.
- Ability to model and sculpt characters of any style - from realistic humans/creatures or robots to stylized characters, with or without concept art
- Thorough understanding of anatomy, form, proportions and silhouette
- Excellent artistic eye, knowledge & experience of character creation and character performance
- Comfortable collaborating with Art Supervisors/Leads/Senior Artists to troubleshoot technical and/or creative challenges
- Efficient and clean UVW mapping, displacement map extraction and mesh re-topology skills
- Interpret artistic direction with ease
- Extremely passionate, self-motivated, a team player and a great communicator
- Humble approach to criticism and feedback on a professional level
- Ability to complete tasks within the production schedule and/or raise any concerns with your managers as necessary
- Thorough understanding of the entire animation production pipeline
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while potentially juggling multiple requests at once
- Expert user of Maya, Zbrush and/or Mudbox
- 3+ years of feature film/VFX/Pre-render game cinematic production experience as a Character Modeling Artist
- Concept modeling abilities
- Ability to create Facial Blendshapes/FACS
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts
- Experience leading a team on a show or project
- Understanding of the visual style of our Blizzard Cinematics, our Games, and an overall passion to push them to the next level
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume, along with a link to a demo of your work, and a breakdown of that work.
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.