We’re looking for a seasoned gaming marketer to join the Blizzard Entertainment team as the global brand director for World of Warcraft! In this role, you will guide the global brand strategy and work closely across the organization to continue taking World of Warcraft to epic new heights. You will be responsible for supporting a wide range of brand development activities, including overseeing the targeting and positioning of the game, pricing and promotions, identifying business growth drivers and overseeing execution of consumer and marketing programs to drive the business. Armed with a keen understanding and background across the gaming landscape, you will analyze sales and market trends, work with media and creative teams, identify relevant consumer insights, and interface with other functional groups throughout the organization. You will report to the Vice President of Global Publishing for World of Warcraft from our headquarters in Irvine, CA.
Please read on if you are ready for this most epic quest!
- Steward the World of Warcraft brand globally by protecting, growing and enhancing the brand, but doing so by building authentic and long-lasting relationships with the World of Warcraft player base.
- Define long-term brand vision, brand identity and creative direction while ensuring consistent messaging across all player communication channels.
- Work with publishing leaders across regions to develop and coordinate global marketing strategies.
- Oversee targeting and positioning of the franchise, pricing and promotions, identifying business growth drivers and overseeing execution of consumer and marketing programs to drive the business.
- Work in partnership with the VP, Global Publishing and the development team to inspire creative development of core marketing assets across TV, digital, mobile, and other formats as applicable. Ensure all blizzard marketing assets live up to the Blizzard-quality bar set by the games themselves and our dedicated and passionate player community.
- Analyze performance data and metrics to help identify opportunities and challenges and implement plans to drive results
- College degree with a concentration in marketing or advertising
- A minimum of 10 years of prior experience in managing a high-profile consumer-facing brand
- Direct experience in managing digital direct response marketing campaigns
- Familiar with defining consumer segments and crafting targeted marketing campaigns toward those segments.
- Global marketing experience either from an HQ or regional perspective
- A strong foundational understanding of both consumer research and business analytics
- Able to effectively manage and complete multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Experience working on co-marketing programs with major consumer brands
- Strong presentation and leadership skills with the ability to sell-in and champion initiatives in a highly matrixed environment
- A passion for video gaming and the World of Warcraft franchise
- Master’s in Business Administration
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.