Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Previz Artist - Temp to assist our Cinematics team in creating the next generation of our award-winning cinematics! You should have experience previsualizing and supporting a director’s vision through appropriate use of staging, blocking, cameras, lenses, composition, motion, and editing. You are organized and creative, with the ability to solve problems efficiently.
- Create well-composed shots that clearly depict story beats through staging, blocking, camera motion, and character performance.
- Interpret direction into a cohesive vision based on feedback from a director, supervisor, lead, and other creative stakeholders.
- Provide solutions to creative problems and be capable of pitching ideas verbally.
- Communicate clearly with production staff and manage multiple production tasks simultaneously.
- Maintain technical cleanliness in all work. Take personal accountability for deliveries and proactively identify possible technical concerns.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of experience in film / VFX / animation / game production as a previz or rough layout artist working on complex sequences and shots.
- Professional Maya experience. Proficient with animation blocking for previz and familiar with modeling, rigging, shading, etc.
- Strong cinematic knowledge. Instinctively understand cameras, lenses, composition, film language, and editing.
- Capable of growing through peer feedback and providing honest, constructive feedback to others.
- Understand the role of previz in production and the workings of linked production departments (modeling, rigging, final layout, animation, etc.).
Pluses and Bonus Skills
- Passion for Blizzard games and cinematics.
- Proficiency shooting with camera capture systems and processing resulting data.
- Capable of shooting well exposed and composed photos / videos in practical photography.
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter (optional).
- Resume (PDF preferred).
- Demo reel with a connected sequence of shots in digital format (website, blog, online album, Google Drive, etc.).
- Physical media will not be accepted.
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are forward-thinking, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.