Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch League is looking for a senior-level graphic designer to maintain and help progress Overwatch League’s brand esthetic on industry-leading logos, key art, style guides, motion graphics, digital advertising, consumer products, apparel and event graphics. You should bring your passion for video games, movies, sci-fi, graphic novels, sports, lifestyle apparel, and pop culture to your design.
Highest-quality concepting, and hands on design skills are a requirement. Additionally, the right candidate will have an awareness of current trends in marketing, online communication, and new media. Are you a forward thinker and have a strong pulse on the Overwatch and Overwatch League design themes, strong typography skills, deep understanding of color theory, layout and an extraordinary eye for composition.
Do you have experience establishing a primary brand visual identity for a major product, series, or media network, and handling its successful implementation across multiple media platforms? You should be comfortable in all aspects of hands on production of assets for a variety of formats, delivering Blizzard quality and standards in remarkably quick time frames.Responsibilities
- Understand the goals of a given project and maintain creative involvement from beginning to end. Knowing the right questions to ask and knowing how to track down answers, taking feedback constructively and following through to complete a project.
- You will craft perfect brand integration in to all aspects of media, including Social, broadcast, events, fashion, etc…
- Tackle complex visual problems and turn them into breathtakingly clear designed solutions that reinforce the Overwatch League Brand.
- Provide high level mentorship to Jr team members, iterative review and approval of Overwatch League related materials in all media
- You will collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure a high-level design consistent with Blizzard’s long tradition of quality products.
- Handle multiple projects from start to finish while keeping all partners appropriately informed and engaged
- Have 7+ years working in Graphic Design or related role.
- Expert-level knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other graphic design tools
- Familiar with social media channels, associated media requirements, and standard methodologies
- Knowledge of post-production with After Effects and Adobe Premiere (or equivalent package)
- Deep understanding of design fundamentals and the ability to apply Blizzard brand values on a wide variety of projects
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to maintain quality with a high-volume workload, and to remain productive and positive in fast-paced high-pressure situations -- Impeccable social and time-management skills in a collaborative team environment working within and iterative design process.
- Strong understanding (and opinions) of effective design and advertising solutions
- Understanding of the art styles of Blizzard Entertainment's IPs
- Strong conceptual design skills and the ability to execute designs deftly at the highest level of quality in several formats, motion graphics, consumer product, fashion, print, and broadcast.
- A passion for video games, movies, graphic novels, science fiction, and other elements of pop culture
- Knowledge of 3D rendering applications (Maya, Cinema 4D, etc…)
- A passion for story and art
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Be willing to complete a test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.