One of Blizzard Entertainment’s core values is “Play Nice, Play Fair” – we believe that epic gaming experiences begin with a level playing field. Because of that, we passionately do everything we can to combat cheating in our games. While we are proud of having developed some of the best anti-cheating technologies in the world, the bad guys aren’t sitting idle; fighting cheaters is a never ending war and we want to enlist YOU for the fight!
You will be tasked with providing security analysis of game systems and developing cutting edge anti-cheating tools and prevention / detection systems. We work with all games and software platforms produced by Blizzard, so we get exposed to a mind-boggling array of technologies – not only security technologies, but graphics engines, advanced artificial intelligence routines, telemetry systems, massive databases etc. It’s an incredible place for passionate software developers to get acquainted with all aspects of developing world class video games. If you hate cheaters and would like to work with every game team in the company, this is the perfect job for you!
- Develop novel technologies to detect and prevent cheating and botting across all games.
- Perform security assessments of various game clients across multiple game genres.
- Work closely with game teams early on in the development process to ensure systems are built securely.
- Write clean, testable, maintainable code
- Advanced knowledge of C / C++
- Solid foundation in Algorithms, Data structures and Operating System concepts
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience using Source Control systems (Git preferred)
- Experience coding for performance and reliability
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Able to communicate well with technical and non-technical personnel
- Familiarity with x86 and AMD64 Assembly
- General knowledge of game security issues and the threat landscape of multiple game genres
- Reverse engineering experience
- Familiar with IDA Pro, WinDbg, OllyDbg, or other similar tools to use for disassembly and debugging
- Windows internals knowledge including the Win32 subsystem, the Windows API (Win32 and native) etc
- Knowledge of the methods used to create malware and game hacks
- Experience with macOS C/C++ development
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.