Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…engineers! We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game.
In Overwatch 2, the nations of Earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet’s governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched—and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world’s heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Senior Automation Engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success
- We have passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for writing robust, efficient code, and a deep understanding of the challenges involved with simulating, automating and stress testing a networked client/server game.
- Ownership and responsibility for a rich automation infrastructure covering areas such as (but not limited to) performance, stability, build verification, data integrity, etc.
- Design test automation architecture to work across all Overwatch technologies (client, server, test clients)
- Work with members of the team to design automation strategies that solve some of our most complex problems
- Manage a large hardware farm dedicated to automated test execution
- Work side by side with QA, feature developers, design and production to identify and mitigate risk
- Provide critical analysis of automation programming and development practices with the goal of improving test quality and team efficiency
- Ensure that the automation team adheres to established coding standards and maintains efficient coding practices
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- Mentor other engineers on the automation team
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Advanced understanding of C++ / C#
- Strong passion for automation, build systems, and software testing
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Shipped at least one AAA title as an automation engineer or gameplay engineer
- Passion for video games, especially FPS games
- Self-motivated, strong sense of independence
- Experience with Jenkins
- Familiarity with VM technologies like Openstack or vSphere
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Knowledge of security and performance testing
- Advanced knowledge of additional languages like Python
- Previous experience mentoring other software engineers
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.