Are you like Jaina, capable of massive burst DPS when the fight comes your way? Are you like Brightwing, who excels at supporting all the teammates around you? Are you like ETC – ready to party, but always willing to tank incoming damage for your team? Are you like Abathur, methodical and capable of adapting to any situation?
If you answered to yes to any or all of these questions - The business intelligence (BI) team is looking for an associate business intelligence developer with a burning desire to crunch through billions of rows of data to provide data driven insights to our publishing and development teams, and help us deliver on the promise of creating the most epic experiences possible for our players.
- Develop, organize, and manage a library of game and business dashboards and reports.
- Work closely with game designers to provide insight into game features and player behavior.
- Work with business leads to provide insight into business data.
- Effectively communicate with users at all levels of the organization, both in written and verbal presentations.
- First language is SQL. Second language is also SQL
- Has the need, the need for speedy SQL queries
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in gaming, corporate finance, e-commerce, or entertainment
- Passionate gamer with in-depth knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment games, products, and services
- Tireless advocate for the use of data to solve design and business problems
- Effective with storytelling through the use of data
- Experience with data warehousing and enterprise BI tools
- Able to translate business and design requirements into technical data requirements
Optional (but recommended) Talents
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau)
- Experience with Hadoop and handling unstructured data sources
- Experience with MPP technologies
- Well versed with the latest BI technologies
- Business strategy and accounting coursework, certifications, and / or industry experience
- Experience with beer
- Eye for badass visualization and a secret obsession with / r / dataisbeautiful
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only Resumes with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.