Blizzard Entertainment’s Engineering Guild is looking to recruit a highly skilled engineer to head World of Warcraft’s engine team. You will work closely with other engineers, artists and designers to help improve our graphics and core technology. If you’ve got a natural passion for WoW and love to use your skills to help drive and shape systems, answer this call to action and apply today. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment to complement our excellent loot tables and full range of benefits.
- Evolve and enhance WoW technology.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to build sustainable and maintainable technologies and systems.
- Work with the technical director and producers to create tasks and schedules.
- Evaluate and mentor engineers on the team.
- Balance time between managing and contributing through programming.
- Manage a healthy relationship with non-engineering teams and external partners.
- Serve as a partner in the team's leadership.
- Passion for World of Warcraft
- Fluency in C++
- Extensive experience with code and data optimization
- Previous leadership experience or demonstrated leadership potential
- Strong motivation to analyze and improve systems and infrastructure
- Knowledge of common APIs and engine technologies
- Self-motivated, self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch in on many areas of development
- Computer science or related degree
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience working on a MMO
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.