- Work with the technical director, production staff, and other leads to establish engineering tasks and requirements.
- Aid in prioritizing our engineering efforts with the goal of developing technology which best serves teamwide objectives.
- Serve as the point of contact and product owner of multi-disciplinary initiatives.
- Partner with leadership to determine high level direction for the technology behind World of Warcraft.
- Provide critical analysis of technology and development practices with the goal of improving game quality and team efficiency and fostering a positive working environment.
- Serve as an active partner in driving Blizzard Entertainment’s technological vision.
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain the technological evolution of current and future products.
- Interface with World of Warcraft leadership to ensure that all technology interests and policies are properly represented and maintained through the course of development and that future technology is on track and in development.
- Foster and promote good working relationships with technical partners throughout the company: Battle.Net, BONS/BIIS, Game Team, etc.
- Familiarity with both World of Warcraft systems and content. Ideally, a current (or recent) World of Warcraft player.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in games engineering, preferably with multiple AAA shipped and supported titles.
- Strong ability to partner with leadership from the larger development organization including engineering, production, design, art, sound, QA, and others.
- Strong ability to drive feature development and make decisions that ensure the health of the service and the team.
- Self-starter, proven track record of taking initiative and seeing things through to conclusion.
- Strong programming skills and a proven aptitude for technical design.
- C++ proficiency.
- Experience in the design and implementation of game systems and architectures for MMOs.
- Comfort working within an established code framework as well as building technology from the ground up.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effective communicator at all levels.
- Ability to collaborate and build consensus among developers, technical and non-technical alike.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent degree or experience.
- In-depth familiarity with Blizzard products.
Other jobs in Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.