The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
As a Software Engineer on the Austin-based Mobile Services team, you will join a great group of veteran developers to be part of the growth and evolution of our mobile platform; powering features such as push notifications, telemetry, and player attribution.
- Convert complex requirements into elegant working software
- Collaborate with other engineers, often remotely, to solve problems
- Create high-quality production code with automated tests
- Architect, implement and maintain new and existing services
- Champion quality and process improvements
- 5+ years building scalable server applications
- Expertise in Java and/or Kotlin
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great at working on a team
- Experience with private or public cloud infrastructure (OpenStack / AWS / GCP / Azure)
- Familiar with RESTful design principles and microservice architectural patterns
- Accustomed to maintaining a live service
- Understanding of general networking security concerns, TLS, OAuth2, OWASP, etc.
- Experience with build systems such as Maven, Gradle, or Jenkins.
- Experience building applications using Spring Boot
- Mobile development, notifications
- Data Modelling and SQL database expertise
- Experience with asynchronous programming methodologies such as Futures, Promises, and Reactive
- Experience with Docker
Other jobs in Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.