Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Digital Content Preditor (Producer-Editor) who’s passionate about the video game industry, esports and content creation. The ideal candidate will be a knowledgeable esports fan with a passion for the Call of Duty League (CDL). She or he will also be an efficient Adobe Creative Suite Preditor (producer-editor) who is a creative self-starter with experience in creating content for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, and TikTok; these qualities should shine through the content you create so it is seen as authentic. This position requires expertise both in video content creation and social media content optimization (understanding what is native for a platform and being mindful of content that facilitates audience growth). This position is part of a dedicated digital content team supporting the Call of Duty League.
- Brainstorm, research, and pitch content that is additive in nature to the CDL’s overarching themes, stars, and storylines (entertaining, educational, etc.)
- Producing & editing original native video content for CDL’s social pages
- Ideating and building content templates and formats that are both platform specific and appealing to esports / CDL fans
- Producing & editing promotional content for the Call of Duty League’s social pages that creatively drives tune-in to match livestreams and other CDL programming
- Producing and creating compelling content packages by understanding what resonates with esports and CDL fans
- Curating and organizing footage, music, and media for content packages
- Producing and shooting on-site match day content for the CDL’s social pages as needed
- Must have a deep-rooted knowledge & passion for esports, specifically the Call of Duty League, and more broadly gaming and internet culture
- Self-starter with a good sense of humor
- Proficient across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Youtube (TikTok and Snapchat a plus)
- Must have strong creative instincts and script writing skills; the ability to put a package together from start to finish is imperative - this position works relatively autonomously
- Must be a fast Adobe Premiere editor able to multitask & turn package(s) daily
- The ideal candidate understands the nuances of creating content specifically for social media
- Must work well in a team environment and be receptive to feedback
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong organizational skills a must
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in joining the Call of Duty League
- What type of content are you currently creating
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.