Are you a maestro at orchestrating projects, people, and processes? Are you able to obsess over the details while keeping the big picture in mind? Do you thrive in a high stakes and fluid work environment that requires creative problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the highest standards? Are you the person we're looking for?
In this Esports Sr. Operations Manager role, you will lead and manage the Overwatch League Online Store for the Blizzard Consumer Products Team. Your strong experience running an ecommerce retail environment (category management & product assortments, licensing, merchandising, and marketing), excellent organizational and time-management skills will help to build our online presence. This position reports to the Senior Director, Consumer Products in Irvine, CA.Responsibilities
- Provide input and handle the development and implementation of short- and long-term product strategies for the Overwatch League Online Store, including creating comprehensive strategy materials, executive summaries, and presentations to deliver an industry-leading experience
- Work with OWLs ecommerce partner(s) to define and execute development roadmap for the online store, driving incremental revenue and engagement
- Provide internal/external partners with market insights and information to identify product trends/opportunities and make recommendations to management
- Identify and secure growth opportunities for online store business globally
- In partnership with OWL’s ecommerce partner(s), lead the online store program globally, including collaboration across internal/external partners and/or third-party vendors/licensees, product assortment, store marketing and seasonal promotions.
- Handle the operating budget for the online store program including annual and quarterly revenue and operating income reviews as well as perform regular analyses of product, marketing, seasonal promotions, and overall sales performance
- Work with management and OWL ecommerce partner(s) to establish operating budgets for domestic and international Ecommerce sites
- Assist and facilitate, where necessary, the approvals of licensed goods sold on the OWL online store.
- Support Senior Director, Consumer Products with negotiating/renewing licensing contracts.
- Lead and mentor OWL Licensing and Ecommerce team members
- Recommend expansion opportunities to management, as necessary, to deliver on team goals
- Establish goals for Ecommerce team that support strategic objectives
- 7-10 years of ecommerce experience, specifically in product category management, licensing, and marketing
- Exceptional ability to effectively handle third-party partners
- Confirmed ability to secure support from and collaborate with key internal partners, such as creative development, licensing, marketing, legal.
- Ability to work and thrive in a globally-oriented environment
- Ability to run multiple complex projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- International business experience
- Work with other, industry-leading ecommerce companies
- Experience in the game industry
- Passion for computer and video games, and extra credit for Blizzard games, particularly Overwatch and Overwatch League
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume and cover letter.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to crafting the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.