Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly-skilled engineer to add to the leadership of World of Warcraft’s User Interface group. The applicant will work closely with other engineers and designers to help create compelling and epic features that keep players engaged for years.
- Maintain familiarity of the game’s design, for both the live product and for all on-going expansions.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to build sustainable and maintainable technologies and systems.
- Work with the technical director and producers to create tasks and schedules.
- Evaluate and mentor engineers on the team.
- Balance time between managing and contributing through programming.
- Serve as a partner in the team's leadership.
- Extreme passion for World of Warcraft
- Expert C++ programming skills
- Excellent people skills
- Experience leading engineering teams or projects
- Strong motivation to analyze and improve systems and infrastructure
- A minimum of 5 years of game programming experience and shipped AAA quality video games
- Experience in the design and implementation of various UI/UX systems
- Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch in on many areas of development
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.