Esports Manager – Australia and New Zealand
Heroes! Prepare to storm the Nexus, because decks are being shuffled in the tavern, and somewhere it’s high noon. Fans are ready and the show must go on!
Want to be at the forefront of esports in Australia & New Zealand? Do you have the determination and willpower to get things done? Blizzard Entertainment ANZ is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and highly organized esports manager with outstanding communications skills and a demonstrated aptitude for building out a wide range of esport-related programs.
You will bring a global perspective—esports knows no borders—combined with a deep knowledge of the regional scene. This is a full-time position based in Sydney, Australia reporting to the Manager, Esports and Events.
- Develop esports plans and strategies across key Blizzard franchises
- Manage and operate on/off line tournaments, events or broadcasts
- Manage project expectations, milestones, and deliverables
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships globally and regionally with internal teams, external partners, players, and other esports related parties
- Collaborate with global teams, local teams, and regional partners to execute high quality and consistent broadcasts, live events, and player interaction (daily communications with stakeholders)
- Create comprehensive reports and updates, provide thorough and accurate visibility on status and progress of all franchise efforts to stakeholders
- Track and stay within defined budgets, recommending crucial spending decisions where necessary
- Drive esports content across regional Blizzard social media platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Professional mindset with strong communications & negotiation skills
- A strategic thinker with great leadership skills
- Experience managing a budget and working with international teams
- Strong time-management skills and able to organize, prioritize tasks, and make effective decisions with a short timeframe and heavy workload
- Aptitude and direct experience in event planning and operation
- Able to travel, including international travel
- Able to work weekends where required
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills in English
- Strong passion and knowledge for Blizzard game titles
- Proficiency in MS office
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Formal project management training and/or certification
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working in Blizzard ANZ esports
- What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio detailing esports initiatives you were directly responsible for and samples of the documents you used to produce and manage esports events
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.