Pull up a chair and join us by the Hearth! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Game Designer who has phenomenal interpersonal skills, proven experience in live content game design and a stellar track record of shipping AAA games to lead Hearthstone into the future. With 10 Mana Crystals at the ready, you’ll be part of a highly talented design team to continuously strive to make the game the best experience as possible. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
This position is one of passion and variety. Tavern brawls, in-client events, fireside gatherings – your job is to work with the rest of the Hearthstone Team to surprise and delight our players, inside and out of the Hearthstone game client.
If you’re wondering if this role is for you, then consider these questions:
- Is designing games more than handing over a design doc? Are you not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty?
- Have you made games in more than one genre?
- Can you show your thoughts on paper? In PowerPoint? With hand puppets? Can you get passionate about someone else’s idea?
- Do you play games on your phone? At your desk? On your couch? Sitting around a table with friends?
- Are you an avid table-top game player? Do you make visual aids for them and craft your own house rules?
The more you answered “Yes!” to the questions above, then the more we want to talk to you. Come join us!
- Meticulously craft delightful content, events, and experiences through conception, presentation, implementation, and iteration.
- Review and provide detailed feedback on features and mechanics implemented by other designers.
- Collaborate and build relationships with designers, writers, and partners
- Minimum 2 years’ game design experience, including a shipped product.
- Experience in a breadth of game platforms and genres (e.g. PC, mobile, table-top, web).
- Ability to concept, evangelize, implement and deliver content.
- Ability to collaborate within a game development team.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable crafting at both nuanced/detailed and high level/big-picture.
- Proven ability to adapt designs based on feedback.
- Self-starter that can work independently
- Non-video game development experience (e.g. web, table-top, live events)
- Non-game design experience (e.g. art, engineering, web development)
- Versed in visual prototyping (e.g. Photoshop, Visio, PowerPoint, scissors and construction paper)
- Familiarity with Hearthstone tavern brawls and fireside gatherings.
- A real passion for community building.
Application & Materials
- Cover letter (recommended)
- One paragraph Tavern Brawl pitch
- Game design portfolio (optional)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.