We are looking for a versatile Senior Reliability Engineer to join the development of Blizzard's mobile gaming efforts. The ideal candidate for this position would be someone with deep understanding of systems architecture, tempered with knowledge of how applications interact with systems at scale. They will be comfortable with investigation into how the software performs, network traffic flows and service daemons interact with one another.
- Work with a cross-discipline team to ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of services.
- Collaborate with Server team and Site Reliability Engineering team to architect and maintain a live service
- Own projects and initiatives within the team, providing peers with technical mentorship and direction.
- Participate in service capacity and demand planning/forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning. Tackle problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Identifying underlying root causes and provide recommendations or solutions for long term permanent fixes to critical production issues. Help setup and improve monitoring to identify issues as quickly as possible.
- Develop effective documentation, tooling, and alerts to both identify and address reliability risks.
- Participate in on-call rotation with other members of the Server and Site Reliability Engineering team.
- Nurture the marriage of code, infrastructure, operating system, and network to help Blizzard services scale.
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, with experience with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols.
- Heavily experienced in distributed systems architectures – layered, event-driven, datacentered, service mesh, etc.
- Familiarity with distributed message buses such as Kafka and RabbitMQ.
- The ability to read/write code fluently in C# or Python.
- Networking: experience with network theory and protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, HTTP, TLS, and load balancing.
- In-depth understanding of the Software Development Process; including CI and CD pipeline architecture.
- Understanding of cloud orchestration frameworks, enterprise IT service provisioning tools, and their role in IT transformation.
- Experience with public and private cloud, including OpenStack, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Familiarity with service configuration and deployment tools, such as Ansible, Consul, Jenkins, Puppet, Terraform, and Vault.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Real passion for mobile games, and/or game industry experience.
- Experience with running a product at global scale including multiple Availability Zones
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.